Microsoft Announced Service Pack 1 for SQL Server 2012 on November 2013 and here is the full list of Fixes/Improvements included with it – http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2674319/en-us
Improvements of SQL 2012 SP1 in SharePoint Perspective
One of the major reason to Obtain SQL 2012 Service Pack 1 in SharePoint Environments is that you cannot enable SQL Server Reporting Instance without having SP1 which was the reason for me to obtain this. when you trying to enable SQL Server Reporting for SharePoint, You may get the issue in SharePoint Management Shell saying "The term ‘Install-SPRSService’ is not recognized as the name of the cmdlet".
Installing SP 1 for SQL 2012 resolved the above issue for me.
Take below steps to Obtain the SQL Service pack 1.
Make sure that you test this in a Staging environment before update your production SQL.
Also there is an mandatory KB (Non Security Update for SQL Server 2012 SP1 [KB2793634]) which needs to be Installed after SP1 Installation. This KB will fix "windows Installer Starts repeatedly" issue. Get in here to know more about known issues on SP 1 – http://blogs.msdn.com/b/psssql/archive/2013/07/31/after-applying-service-pack-1-for-sql-server-2012-you-may-encounter-a-known-issue-details-inside.aspx
1. Download SP 1 for SQL 2012 here – http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35575. And run it on your Server
2. Accept the license Terms
3. Select the Features that you need to Update and hit next
4. Give it a moment
5. Hit "Update" to Install
6. It will take a while and make sure that your users are not using any services related to SQL.
7. If everything went well, you will get the below green lights on each feature.
8. Go ahead and now install the KB mentioned above
9. Restart the Server and you are done with the update !