InfoPath Error in SharePoint 2016: There has been an error while processing the form

Warning There has been an error while processing the form. click OK to resume filling out the form. You may want to check your form data for errors.

clip_image001[6]

Let me guess, you have gone through all possible verifications on data sources and form fields and everything pretty well developed and verified ? same goes for me. one of my colleague was developing a form and she came up with this error on SharePoint 2016 recently.

She was using GetUserProfileByName SOAP Web Service to fetch current user’s group in to a field, and that’s where this error prompts. that was verified by removing the particular connection and rules filling up data.

After verifying form fields, Data connections and other basics, I decided to inspect the infrastructure step by step. SharePoint logs and Event Log did not had any relevant entry. Finally in the lonely boat, I took following steps one after one to sail towards an island.

1. Enabled all InfoPath services from CA (General Application Settings) – Everything is already set

clip_image001[8]

clip_image002

clip_image003

2. Registered the HTMLCHKR – no luck

regsvr32 “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE14\htmlchkr.dll”

  1. 3. Added the target site to InfoPath application’s trusted Locations – no luck
  2.  
  3. clip_image001[10]clip_image002[6]
  4. 4. Restarted and recycled Security Token Service Application/pool for all WFEs – no luck
  5. image
  6. 5. Restarted Servers – no luck

Two last steps were able to shed some lights !

6. Disabled loopback check

What is Loopback check?. If you have been prompted continuously for credentials in a SharePoint server when you try to access your site within that server, that’s obviously because of loopback.

Microsoft: Windows Server 2003 SP1 introduced a loopback security check. This feature is obviously also present in Windows Server 2008/12. The feature prevents access to a web application using a fully qualified domain name (FQDN) if an attempt to access it takes place from a machine that hosts that application. The end result is a 401.1 Access Denied from the web server and a logon failure in the event log.
Unfortunately 401.1 is not really helpful as this error code means there is a problem with the user credentials. Of course, the HTTP spec doesn’t know about security features in a vendor’s implementation so there can’t be a HTTP error code for such a feature. This can lead to much banging of the head on the desk. It’s one of numerous causes of the 401.1 which are nothing to do with invalid credentials (e.g. attempting to use Kernel Mode Authentication with domain account in IIS7).

Option1 : Logged in to target SharePoint Server/s and launch PowerShell as administrator, then ran – New-ItemProperty HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa -Name “DisableLoopbackCheck” -value “1” -PropertyType dword)

You don’t need to add it if its exists (means loopback is already disabled)

clip_image001[4]

  1. Option 2: You can also Add this registry entry manually
  2. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK
  3. In Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa
  4. Right-click Lsa, point to New, and then click DWORD Value. (In Win 2008, its DWORD 32bit)

Type DisableLoopbackCheck, and then press ENTER.

Right-click DisableLoopbackCheck, and then click Modify.

In the Value data box, type 1 and then click OK.

Quit Registry Editor.

  1. Then I ran SharePoint Product Configuration wizard on SharePoint Server just to give it a refreshment.

After restarting Servers, added the form connection and rules back and InfoPath form loaded perfectly normally !

Advertisements

SharePoint 2016 Product Configuration Wizard Error: Configuration Failed with Unauthorized Access Exception

If you are going to deploy SharePoint 2016, this is a common error that encountered.

clip_image001[4]

The error pretty much pointing to a Access permission which you might doubtlessly think its database permission but no it’s not !

clip_image002[4]

If you expand the event log, It will have 100, 104 errors logged due to this.

clip_image003[4]

Resolution is to permit setup account to access Tasks folder (C:\Windows\Task). This is a critical folder which needs to be able to access by the setup account during the Product Configuration.

To take the ownership of this folder, log in to relevant SharePoint server using a local admin account and right click on the Tasks folder.

clip_image004[4]

Under Security tab, go to Advance

clip_image005[4]

Change the Owner from SYSTEM to your Setup account (the account will be used to run Product Config Wizard)

clip_image006[4]

Once changed, the new owner can be seen as showed below.

Error-SPSetup

Repeat the same for all SharePoint Servers in your farm if you planned to have multiple. Now run the Product Configuration Wizard again and you will notice its smoothly passing to task 5. within few minutes, the Wizard will be successfully complete.

clip_image008[4]

And here comes the winning moment !

image

If you are still accounting with any additional errors in the Wizard, these points are some basic ones to verify.

Ensure:

  1. 1. Antivirus Disabled for all SharePoint and Database Servers (If any)
  2. 2. Firewall
  3. 3. Named Pipes in SQL Services enabled (Sometimes this isn’t enabled by default)

And then:

  1. 1. Disable UAC (Never Notify)
  2. 2. Restart Server
  3. 3. Run the Product Config Wizard again as Administrator

Enjoy the all new SharePoint !